What is Court Marriage?
We also call court marriage as civil marriage or registry marriage. Where two people get married, performed by a court of law and allowed by the court, unlike a religious marriage. The court allows the marrying couple to get married directly without any social or religious restrictions in the form of law
Types of Court Marriage In India
Hindu Marriage Act
Hindu marriage is an important law that allows Hindus to marry among themselves. According to the 1955 Act, legal rules have been made for Hindus to marry. In which the conditions of marriage, the rights of husband and wife are also included.
Under Muslim Law
According to Muslim law, Islam marriage is done according to the rules of Islam. Muslim personal law provides Guidelines and legal provisions in Muslim marriage in many countries.
In India, Sikh marriages are registered as per the Hindu Marriage Act 1955, Because a legal Sikh marriage is considered a part of the Hindu Marriage Act. However, It is important to note that Sikh religious ceremonies and traditions are followed during the actual wedding.
Arya Samaj Marriage Registration
Sanyasi Dayanand Saraswati founded the society on 7 April 1875. Arya Samaj marriage is to legally register the marriage organized according to the customs of Arya Samaj. It is very easy to get married in Arya Samaj. Arya Samaj marriage is done by different religions and couples of the society. Arya Samaj marriage is legal.
Benefits of Court Marriage Registration
- It is a more cost-effective and straightforward procedure
- It helps you avoid the high costs of wedding customs and ceremonies
- The bride and groom have the choice of solemnising their marriage in any way they see it
- Both parties to a marriage sign the marriage documents freely.
Court Marriage As:
Intercaste marriage is a term used to describe a marriage between individuals belonging to different castes or social groups. It refers to a union where the partners come from diverse caste backgrounds, which may be traditionally associated with distinct social, cultural, or religious practices.
Special Marriage Act Court Marriage
Some countries have specific laws and regulations governing court marriages, such as the Special Marriage Act. In this type of court marriage, a person of any different religion or caste is allowed to marry without converting religion or following religious customs of any person.
Procedure of Court Marriage
By Religious Marriage
If you want to get married in a religious way, then it is important to note that it may differ according to your region and customs. Religious court marriage can be done in 2 days process
By Special Marriage Act
For solemnization of the court marriage and the nearness of the two gatherings, all is required after the accommodation of the reports of the issuance of the notice which is to be stuck at the workplace.
If any individual objects within 30 days of the application for the registration then our expert professionals at Online Legal Centre will not solemnize the marriage further within 30 days of its receipt. After 30 days notice Period and after that registered marriage
Thing to do:
- 1: The groom should be 21 years of age.
- 2: The bride should be at least 18 years of age.
- 3: The couples agree to marry.
- 4: There should not be pre-marriage of any one of them in the past.
- 5: The couple is subjected to procreation.
- 6: Neither of them should be into any other relationship apart from their current status.
Court Marriage Documents Required
Documents Required for Court Marriage By Bride and Groom
- Court marriage registration application form duly signed by both bride and bridegroom
- Receipt of the fee paid
- Age proof documents of both parties (SSLC book or birth certificate)
- Residential address proof (Aadhar card, voter ID, ration card or driving license)
- Passport size photograph of the bride and groom (2 copies)
- Copy of divorce order in case of a divorcee and death certificate of spouse in case of widow/widower
Court Marriage Documents of Witnesses
- One passport size photograph
- PAN Card
- Proof of identification – Driving License, Aadhar Card
Online Legal Center
If you are looking for a lawyer for your court marriage. No looking further Online legal Center have highly experienced advocate contact now.
if you are unfamiliar with the legal procedures involved. Our team of experienced lawyers specializes in court marriage cases and can provide expert guidance and support throughout the entire process. Whether you need assistance with document preparation, application filing, or representation at the registrar’s office, our lawyers will ensure a smooth and hassle-free court marriage experience.